08 Jul Why is Air Conditioner Maintenance Important?
Having your AC system inspected may not seem necessary when it’s working properly, but you may be surprised to learn how important regular air conditioner maintenance is. In regards to maintenance, AC systems are comparable to cars. If you don’t keep a tab on all the parts, the whole thing can break down in a hurry. Similar to how a vehicle should be regularly maintained, we recommend air conditioner maintenance in the same fashion.
Consider the overall cost of an AC system as well; they can be as expensive as cheaper vehicles. Replacing them can set you back thousands of dollars. Additionally, there are a number of individual parts, which if not inspected and maintained properly, can be costly to replace. When failing or old parts are caught early, you have the chance to save the whole system.
Regular maintenance services also help to keep a unit working efficiently and reliably. The efficiency maintained by regular check-ups helps to save on monthly expenses. These savings, along with the avoided replacement costs, really help to offset the relatively cheaper costs of maintenance services.
What Can Go Wrong?
For starters, the lifespan of an AC system will decrease significantly if not properly maintained. This leads to more frequent and higher costs.
Regular check-ups on various components can significantly help to maintain efficiency for your AC. Some of these include:
- Coils may become dirt-encrusted over time, causing the cooling system to work less effectively and putting more stress on the compressor.
- Burned contractors also decrease efficiency while causing damage to the compressor.
There are even situations which can lead to damage to your home:
- A thick layer of particles from dust and bacteria can accumulate over time and be absorbed by the system leading to water damage and/or clogged air filters. This includes clogged condensation lines. These lines need to be treated and cleaned by necessity.
Various components can deteriorate over time or become damaged, and, if left unchecked, they can lead to potentially dangerous health concerns. These include:
- Worn-out electrical components which are a potential fire hazard and may cause unexpected breakdowns of your unit. Inspecting these components is essential.
- Cracks in the heat exchanger which can release carbon monoxide gas into your household.
- Clogged air filters which can impede the AC equipment’s ability to perform its duties and can also cause germ and dust particles to be released into your home.
At Energy Saving Pros, we offer our clients a 10-year warranty on all AC systems and only hire professional installers with 20+ years of experience with air conditioner maintenance. Call us today at 866-497-6527 and let the Energy Saving Pros team solve your AC needs.