Solar-Powered Attic Fans vs. Electric-Powered
Jun 17, 2019
Today, many, if not most, households cool their attics with fans that can do more harm than good. At Energy Saving Pros, we believe in creating a more cost and energy efficient environment within a home, which is why we are discussing the use of solar-powered attic fans vs. electric-powered attic fans.
Standard electric-powered attic fans have come under contention as a result of various studies that have found evidence linking these fans to a variety of problems and supplementary costs which outweigh their savings and benefits. They can also be somewhat counterproductive as they are able to work against the air conditioning by creating negative pressure. This negative pressure can pull cool air into the attic, push warm air into your house, and potentially bring in harmful gases from house appliances which normally escape through the roof.
Thankfully, there’s another option that avoids these problems.
Solar-powered fans are a great alternative because they bypass these issues by drawing in less air. Couple that with a no-cost operation and you can begin to see why these fans are a better alternative. Here are a number of key features that make solar-powered attic fans a great choice for your home:
- 100% Solar – With power operation being 100% solar, operation during the day is free!
- Adjustable – The adjustable bracket of the solar panel helps to establish optimum exposure.
- Watertight – You will not experience any water leaks or have to do any maintenance.
- Adaptable – They will be able to work with almost all roofing systems and can fit on any roof pitch.
- Pest proof – The stainless steel screen keeps out all manner of pests and debris.
- Quick and easy installation – No structural changes, wiring, or painting required.
- Summer Use – Summer attic temperatures will be reduced, decreasing air conditioning costs significantly.
- Winter Use – Improved airflow during the winter will aid in preventing mildew and the growth of mold.
- Tax Deductible – Our Solar Powered Attic fans qualify for Federal Solar Tax Credits.
The 100% Solar Powered Attic Fans carried by Energy Saving Pros are designed for all roof types and pitches and are vital to establishing a home that is safe and energy efficient. This affordable solution will, in effect, pay for itself. Call 866-497-6527 today or contact us online to find the best option for your home and receive a free estimate.