18 Oct Energy Efficiency Tips
Making your home more energy-efficient is important for a variety of reasons, the most obvious of which is the money you can save on your electricity bill from month to month. You can certainly minimize the bills sent by your utility company, but in addition, many parts of the United States offer tax breaks for homeowners who invest in energy-efficient products like solar panels.
Having these types of energy-efficient products and insulation installed may cost a bit of money up front, but will end up paying for themselves many times over during the lifetime of your home.
Money-Saving Reasons to Go Solar
- Lock-in Energy Costs – On average, electricity rates in California increase more than 6% every year, but with solar electricity your electricity rates are locked in at 5 to 7 kWh, or sometimes even less.
- Federal Tax Credit – Now is the time to have solar panels installed on your home if you want to take advantage of a 30% federal tax credit. Be sure to take advantage of this tax break soon because the credit will expire at the end of 2016.
- Add Value to Your Home – Adding solar to your home will significantly increase its value and make it more attractive to homebuyers when the time comes to sell your home.
Why Insulation Matters
- Healthier Environment – Better insulation for your home means there will be less harmful allergens and pollutants circulating, which can help relieve common allergy symptoms.
- Comfort – Top-of-the-line insulation will help maintain your home’s temperature which can save you money on heating and cooling costs.
- Investing in Your Home – All improvements, including insulation upgrades, add equity to your home. If your home is older, improving the insulation may bring it up to current code and home standards for safety and insulation.
Make Your Home Energy-Efficient
Investing in solar makes so much sense because it pays for itself over time. Energy Saving Pros guarantees your new solar system in Northern California will pay for itself, which means once it has been paid off you will enjoy free, pure, green and clean energy for 30 years or more. We also offer zero down financing and a FREE energy audit assessment. Give us a call today to request yours!